IACCP 2022 Call for Abstracts
“Culture Change: Past, Present and Future”
The 26th International Congress of the International Association for Cross-Cultural Psychology will be held online during the dates 12th – 16th July 2022. We welcome submissions for Single-paper Oral Presentations, Posters, or Symposia. The Abstract submission opens on 15th of December, 2021 and will close on February 28, 2022. Abstract evaluations/acceptance notifications will be rolling.
|Important dates for Abstract Submissions|
|December 15, 2021||Abstract Submissions Open|
|February 28, 2022||Deadline for Abstract Submissions|
|March 31, 2022||Final Abstract Acceptance Result Notifications|
IMPORTANT: Abstracts for oral presentations, posters, and symposia may be submitted only electronically using the online form on the Congress website www.iaccp2022.com. In case that electronic submission is not possible, please contact the IACCP 2022 Secretariat by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
IACCP 2022 presentation formats
The IACCP 2022 Scientific Committee welcome submissions to present original work related to cross-cultural psychology. For each of the below submission types, you will be invited to participate in a “live” online component during the days of the Congress (interactive video discussion), and also provide a pre-recorded, “on demand” component that will be available to attendees about 1.5 weeks before the Congress. Interested audience members may also interact with presenters asynchronously via online text comments and questions. The scheduling of live components will take into consideration both the speaker’s time zone and thematic content (streams).
- Oral Presentation: 15 minute video-recorded presentation, and 25-minute live online group discussion during the Congress.
- Poster Presentation: 1 page .pdf Poster, optional 3-minute video Flash Talk, and 60-minute live online Poster Session during the Congress.
- Symposium: 60 minute video-recorded presentation of 3-5 speakers, and 25-minute live online group discussion during the Congress.
- Individuals can be the first author/presenter for a maximum of two submissions for an Oral Presentation, a Poster Presentation, or as Chair or Speaker for symposia. There is no limitation on participation as discussant in symposia or co-author in any submission types.
- All presenters must be a paid registrant of the conference, and register by April 15, 2022.
- For symposium submissions, the symposium Chair will be the Corresponding Author and should collect all content from speakers in the symposium in preparation for the Symposium submission. Please see specific instructions on content below.
- Abstracts of successful submissions will be made available to the participants in an electronic form and in a .pdf Programme Book. The author is solely responsible for the ethical and scientific content of the submission as well as for its proper grammatical and stylistic form.
- There are no fees for submitting abstracts.
- To withdraw submitted abstracts, authors should contact the IACCP 2022 Secretariat (email@example.com).
- The Scientific Committee will determine the final mode of presentation, taking into account the quality of the proposals, their relationships, temporal and technical possibilities.
Guidelines for the Abstract Submission:
The IACCP 2022 Scientific Committee will be grouping abstracts under the following streamsinforming the study of cross-cultural psychology. The IACCP Scientific Committee is proposing following Streams.
- Cognition, emotion, and motivation
- Child development, socialization, and life-span development
- Values, ethics, and morality
- Religion, tradition, and rituals
- Group and intergroup processes, including stereotypes, prejudice, and discrimination
- Language, language use, and intercultural communication
- Acculturation and migration
- Organizational behaviour, work, and business
- Identity and personality
- Gender and sexuality
- Environmental psychology (including climate change)
- Political behaviour
- Health and health behaviour
- Well-being, adaptation, and social cohesion
- Mental health, psychopathology, psychotherapy, clinical psychology
- Cultural dynamics and culture change
- Novel philosophical and metatheoretical approaches to culture and psychology (critical approach, decolonialization)
- Theoretical advances in culture and psychology
- Research methodology and research ethics (including quantitative and qualitative)
- Social and cultural neuroscience
- Teaching cross-cultural psychology
Instructions for Abstract Submission:
- Go to the Abstract Submission Page
- Create your IACCP 2022 account
IMPORTANT: It is necessary that the email address for the account belongs to the speaker him/herself. When submitting the abstract please use your email account that is associated with your IACCP membership account. Please use the same email for the whole process of abstract submission, registration, and attendance of the IACCP 2022 Congress. Do not use the email address of an assistant. It is advised not to share your email credentials with anyone.
- Submit your abstract for Individual (Oral/Poster) or Symposium